With the temperatures in the 30 degrees for some of us in the UK right now, it’s tempting to get out in the sunshine as much as possible, while we have it. We all want to make the most of our outdoor activity opportunities in the sunshine and we’ll be giving you a few fun gadget ideas to help. Before that though, we want to highlight that the hot weather forecasts for parts of England in particular have prompted Public Health England (PHE) to put out advice on how to plan ahead and stay safe. The top ways they list on GOV.UK to beat the heat are:
– look out for others, especially older people, young children and babies and those with underlying health conditions
– close curtains on rooms that face the sun to keep indoor spaces cooler and remember it may be cooler outdoors than indoors
– drink plenty of water as sugary, alcoholic and caffeinated drinks can make you more dehydrated
– never leave anyone in a closed, parked vehicle, especially infants, young children or animals
– try to keep out of the sun between 11am to 3pm
– take care and follow local safety advice, if you are going into the water to cool down
– walk in the shade, apply sunscreen and wear a hat, if you have to go out in the heat
– avoid physical exertion in the hottest parts of the day
– wear light, loose fitting cotton clothes
– make sure you take water with you, if you are travelling
Taking on this advice, we’re ready to safely and sensibly get out in the sun and participate in our favourite activities with our family and friends. Here are a few of our top fun gadgets to play with in the sunshine this summer:
Multi-coloured kids karaoke machine
We had some lovely friends over from Sydney in the last few days, they certainly brought the sunshine with them and we had a fun sing along out in the garden. For your very own garden sing along, the Denver TCK-50 multi kids karaoke sing along CD player, at only £26.99 +P&P, is a great outdoor party piece, using the battery power option. The kids can be left to their own devices as it’s really easy to use, lightweight and a fun, multi-coloured gadget. Any kid, big or small can get involved too, with duets on the twin microphones with separate volume settings, or going centre stage on their own. Fun in the sun for the whole family!
Fun flying drone
For those who want to get out of the garden and into the outdoors, a drone is a great summer piece of kit, as not only do you get out and see the countryside, you can film it too. The Denver DCH-330 2.4Hz flying drone, at £49.99 +P&P, allows you to see the world from a birds-eye view, with the built-in HD video camera, the gyro stability function, the up, down, forwards, backwards controls and the 360 degree flip function. The two-speed option means you can fly fast or slow depending on how daring you feel and it has a range of approximately 30 metres: fun for any adult age and technical ability. Just remember the CAA’s D.R.O.N.E mnemonic (don’t fly near airports, remember to keep your drone in sight (realistically stay below 400ft), observe your drone at all times, never fly near aircraft; and enjoy responsibly) and fly away to your hearts content!
Metal detector adventures
For the real outdoor adventurers who love a bit of treasure hunting or history digging thrown in, the Denver MET-100 metal detector, at £27.49 +P&P, is perfect for the beginner detectorist. It’s lightweight and easy to use with visual and sound indicators so you won’t miss that hidden gem. The headphone jack gives you the option of crystal clear listening when searching in a noisy environment and the high sensitivity sensor can detect metals up to 12 cm beneath the ground. The discrimination setting differentiates between ferrous and non-ferrous metals enabling you to search solely for the more precious objects such as silver and gold, or include all metals such as iron and steel. Have some fun in the sun and maybe an exciting discovery or two for the family, this summer.
Stay safe and enjoy yourselves out there!
From the team at 3wisemonkeys